Saturday 5 May 2012

Zendala Dare 4


Time for the weekly Zendala dare by Erin (Hope you are having a lovely cruise!)

http://thebrightowl.blogspot.co.uk/

This week's challenge was to use the Ocean and/or Mexico as inspiration.

OCEAN

I started off with the Ocean as I thought this would be easier, however it turned out to be more tricky to get the right feeling

I used Snaylz Trayl as I thought this looked like shells and River stones along the edge to give the watery feeling, then finished off with Antodots to give a seaweed type feeling aroung the edge.


MEXICO

Rather than go with colour on my Mexico tile I took inspiration from Mexican designs that you see on rugs and blankets.

The tangle around the outside is Ambler, but the other two tangles I made up myself, I hope that's allowed! I think it gives an Aztec/Mexican feel.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice.. Love the suns on the second one. i do like the tangle you used with the squiggly lines and the pebbles from the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, I love how you interpreted the challenge. The first one reminds me of something I would find in Atlantis and I think the second one really captures a Mayan/Aztec feel. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both so pretty and did capture what you were going for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - the first one reminds me of an exotic sea sponge you might find on a reef, and I love the designs you've used and created in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two terrific tiles! I love the aztec-looking design on the second. I'd love to know how you did that. I also used suns around the edge of mine because it seemed so Mexican.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great zendalas! They both do a fantastic job at capturing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are wonderful! i think the first is beautiful - such great patterns - they work together so well! and the second definitely has a mexican flair! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like both of these. The aztec tile is fantastic. Have you by any chance drawn up the instructions for the pattern in surrounded by ambler? I would love to see how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are Great tangles. So glad to meet some more Tanglers,,hope to keep participating with Erin's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete