Friday 14 June 2013

ICAD Week 2

 
I am having great fun taking part in the ICAD (index Card a Day) challenge. Creating mini pieces of Art each day. I can't believe that we are at the end of week 2 already.
 
 
Card #8.
 The prompt was Rubber Stamp. I stamped and embossed the image then washed over with acrylic paints. Finished off by highlighting the heart, wording and edges with a pearlescent paint
 
 
 
Card #9
The prompt is Sun. I was just playing with some acrylics making a background, then I decided it looked a bit like a sunset so I added a cut out sun.
 
Card #10
 Here I was using the prompt 'map' and just had a bit of fun


Card #11
I just realised I thought the prompt was Home but it was actually city! :-) This is painted in acrylics and is my favourite card of the week.



Card #12
Not much time today so a quick card. This is inspired by junk mail, the green hearts are cut from a UK car insurance flier. I doodled the girl and added a die cut word.
 


Card #13
The prompt I used today was Circus. I really struggled with this one, my first painted attempt I didn't like so I gessoed over it. This one was done with a red marker and I cut out the elephant on a ball and stuck it on. Still not happy with the final card, but it is good to try and stretch myself every day with something different



Card #14
The prompt for today was camera. I tried to make this look like the aperture on a camera. It's done in pastels, which is great because you get to make lots of mess and don't need to be too exact.

No comments:

Post a Comment