Wednesday 16 May 2012

I am the Diva - Challenge #70


This weeks challenge from Laura at http://iamthedivaczt.blogspot.co.uk/ was really great fun. My first problem though was no brown pen. I searched the house and finally found something I could use. Probably not Sepia...just brown.

Last week I really was inspired to try steampunk by Alice  at http://thecreatorsleaf.blogspot.co.uk/ submission to Erin's zendala dare.

Brown seems to go well with the whole steampunk thing so I gave it a go with a ZIA. I am also working on my shading and trying to get more depth in my tangles. I still have a way to go with this but it's not a bad start.


I then did a more traditional tile and tried to make this one more organic in line with the brown pen.

It was a fun challenge which certainly got me out of my comfort zone of black.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, i love this! so steampunk!

    http://debtangles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the steampunk ZIA! And I think you have this shading thing down:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Love them both, but especially the first one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The conceptual patterning in both tiles are perfect for a study of sepia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From steampunk to organic...Wow. Both are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona,

    Love your weaves.
    Shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both tiles are spectacular! My favorite is the more traditional one. Love the seashell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both are great! I love seeing the "steampunk" which is something I don't know anything about!! The traditional is neat, too. i love the dangles in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are so nice. Love the touch of steampunk in the first. I keep getting more and more intrigued by it. You've helped to push me to give steampunk a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on both these tiles! I'm not a fan of steampunk (maybe cuz I don't know what the heck it is!), but I DO like what you did with #1. Shading sure does look good, too.

    ReplyDelete