Sunday 27 May 2012

Zendala Dare #7

Yet another great Zendala Dare from Erin at http://thebrightowl.blogspot.co.uk/

After doing these dares for a few weeks now I am realising that I have a distinct style and I tend to use the same tangles again and again. So for the first one I just went with the flow and I think this is my favourite. Of course 'snake' is in there :-)  (btl-joos). Its a very graphic look.


I then thought I should try and produce something a bit softer, so I started with Fengle in the middle which is a fantastic tangle. I then used 3 new tangles that I have not tried before, beadlines, BB and Pokeleaf. This one has a completely different look


I then went back to a few tangles that I have used before and I am not so sure about this third tile, but I suppose there are no mistakes in tangling so here it is anyway. I used Shattuck, Stricles, Paradox and Mooka.









10 comments:

  1. Really beautiful work!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about always gravitating toward certain tangles. Power to you for trying out of your box. They're all lovely, but I like the first the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!!! That first one is extra fabulous, but then so are they all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which i like best. All three are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Fiona! Here I thought I was being so original by using BB and then I see you used it too! I guess great minds think alike. lol I really admire your determination to do three Zendalas this week, and they are all amazing. I am totally with you when it comes to using the same tangles over and over, I try really hard not to but sometimes I just can't escape them. I notice that a lot of people write that Betweed is one of their go to tangles for Zendala's but I hardly ever use it. I'm a Paradox and Printemps kind of girl, and you seem to love Snake and Striping so I guess we all have our own thing. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat to see all three interpretations - love them all! Wonderful complementary tangles for each of the tiles, and I like hearing your thoughts about the first two, which are soooo different! I like the first one best - it shines and shimmers and slithers....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work on all three! I really love the bold look of the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three Zendalas are great. The first one is my personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all, but the contrast in the first one is fascinating to me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! they are all totally different! i don't know which one i like best!!! i like all the dark in the first one, and the free-flowing openness of the second tile, and the spunk and sass of the third! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete